Friday, April 1, 2011

If Only Life Had VCR Buttons...

I really really hate (ok I'm not a fan of that particular word but "dislike" doesn't seem strong enough) getting behind on blogging.  It is so important to me to capture these little life moments and they just seem to be flying by way too fast!  Time to play catch up :)
I ran across this one night while searching for inspirational life quotes on google:
Every now and then, I'll be in search of the perfect quote to help give my spirit that little "lift".  Not that this particular one fits that criteria, just that it hit home.  I WISH we REALLY did have the ability to stop, rewind, pause, and playback. 
I think I am going though a little "empty nest" syndrome with Taylor being out on his own now~ its really hitting me hard that my life won't always be like it is right at this very moment.  There won't be jobie functions to frantically prepare for, freezing cold rugby practices, crazy mornings convincing Carter that he really does have to get dressed, towels to be picked up off of the bathroom floor (heaven forbid if anyone actually hung it up when they were done!), endless laundry to be washed, dryed and put away, an insane grocery bill ( I swear if it gets any higher I'm going to need a second job!)...... and it makes me so incredibly sad. 
So I've decided... everytime things get frantic, everytime I'm soaking wet and freezing at a rugby game, everytime mornings don't go as smoothly as I would like, everytime I pick a towel up off of the bathroom floor, everytime I wash those pair of jeans that I swear went right from the clean pile to the dirty pile without being worn, everytime I'm grocery shopping for an army~ I am going to use the "play" button.  I am going to smile when I want to pull my hair out.  I am going to give thanks and praise to God for each and every one of these moments.  I will rejoice because there is no such thing as a pause, stop, or rewind button.  There is only one "right now" and I don't want to miss it fretting over the fast forward button :)



1 comment:

annieboom said...

You said that so well! I'm right there with you on that one. The empty nest is getting too close!