Thursday, January 22, 2009

Celebrating Carter's First Day of Preschool!



Carter started Preschool today and I'm not sure who this was harder on :/ We started the morning off a little rocky because Carter was pretty sleepy from staying up too late the night before. We've all been trying hard over the past few weeks to get him excited for this new adventure, but he wasn't buying any of it. He wanted to go to "Hannah's school" instead. After a little coaxing from Robin, his new teacher, mom and Carter were able to seperate for the day.(First heart melting into a big puddle moment) I called about an hour after I had left (that's not too neurotic right? ;) ) and he was doing much better. Apparently he suffered a few "meltdowns" initially, but was all smiles by 10am. I picked him up a little early and he greeted me with "Mom, I'm sooo glad your home!" and hugged me tighter than ever. (Second heart melting into a big puddle moment) To celebrate his first day of school, we headed to Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone. After taking a few bites of his chocolate dipped kiddie cone, he asks me, "how was your day at work?" (Third heart melting into a big puddle moment) All in all, we both survived and I think this will be a wonderful adventure for him, meanwhile I'll be putting my melted heart back together :)

No comments: