Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Family Member....


As if life wasn't crazy enough in the Jacobsen household, we've added to it :) The kids have really been wanting a pet lately and after some thought, we opted to adopt a kitten from the Humane Society. I've gone the puppy/dog route.. and while I totally love dogs and sweet puppy noses, they are just too much work for this busy mom. I made one mention that maybe a cat would work.. and poof there was one here the next day:) I think the kids were afraid I would change my mind and didn't give me any chance at that. Kate and her dad went to look and found the sweetest cat. He is ten months old and has been given the name "Oreo" for obvious reasons :) He loves to snuggle with Hannah and tries his best to tolerate Carter's affections. This includes Carter dragging him all over the house, loving on him (aka smothering) and insisting that Oreo goes wherever Carter goes. The kids have done great helping out with all the responsiblities and Carter has a new best buddy :)

No comments: