So I think after this post, I will finally be caught up on my blogging! I thought I would take a little time to share about my little man, Carter. It is so hard for me to believe that in just a few short months he will be three. When we were at my parents this past weekend, Carter discovered a tractor in Grandpa's yard! This tractor has definitely seen better days but my dad still manages to accomplish what he needs to. It actually belongs to a dear family friend who is kind enough to let my dad borrow it and bring back childhood memories of his growing up on a farm. Carter has a bit of his Grandpa in him evidently because he was mesmorized by this tractor and it wasn't easy getting him off of it! Lately, he has been practicing his inner rockstar by playing "rockband" on the xbox with Taylor and Drew. He can resite many of the songs at any given moment and can make a musical instrument out of just about anything. As you can imagine, being the youngest of five, siblings are always trying to teach him new things. Some are great.. and some I raise an eyebrow to (oh teenagers). One of his favorite sayings is "Thats Cool" in reference to almost anything he finds unique or entertaining. At this age, it seems like he is always picking up some new catch phrase. Carter loves all balls- footballs, basketballs, soccer balls- you name it. He can keep himself entertained playing basketball with his brothers for hours and keep his mom running in circles just to keep up with him :). We havn't started in on the potty training just yet but I plan on making that a goal over the next month, I will keep you posted on our progress. Any suggestions are welcomed as it has been years since I've potty trained a kiddo and I'm sure there are new tricks to the trade out there :). Time really does fly by and I wish there was a way to make the world slow down just a little so I can savor these moments a little longer.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Carter- aka My Little Man
So I think after this post, I will finally be caught up on my blogging! I thought I would take a little time to share about my little man, Carter. It is so hard for me to believe that in just a few short months he will be three. When we were at my parents this past weekend, Carter discovered a tractor in Grandpa's yard! This tractor has definitely seen better days but my dad still manages to accomplish what he needs to. It actually belongs to a dear family friend who is kind enough to let my dad borrow it and bring back childhood memories of his growing up on a farm. Carter has a bit of his Grandpa in him evidently because he was mesmorized by this tractor and it wasn't easy getting him off of it! Lately, he has been practicing his inner rockstar by playing "rockband" on the xbox with Taylor and Drew. He can resite many of the songs at any given moment and can make a musical instrument out of just about anything. As you can imagine, being the youngest of five, siblings are always trying to teach him new things. Some are great.. and some I raise an eyebrow to (oh teenagers). One of his favorite sayings is "Thats Cool" in reference to almost anything he finds unique or entertaining. At this age, it seems like he is always picking up some new catch phrase. Carter loves all balls- footballs, basketballs, soccer balls- you name it. He can keep himself entertained playing basketball with his brothers for hours and keep his mom running in circles just to keep up with him :). We havn't started in on the potty training just yet but I plan on making that a goal over the next month, I will keep you posted on our progress. Any suggestions are welcomed as it has been years since I've potty trained a kiddo and I'm sure there are new tricks to the trade out there :). Time really does fly by and I wish there was a way to make the world slow down just a little so I can savor these moments a little longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
OMG! Carter is a little man! He has grown sooooo much! That is a good reminder for me to enjoy every second b/c it will go so fast... I added your blog to mine. Hope that is okay? See you Saturday!!! :)
Those turned out so cute! I love them in black and white too! Thanks for a great weekend full of fun- always fun when the Jacobsens come down :) Hope your little man is feeling better !
Post a Comment