Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hannah Banana



There are days when I just can't believe how mature and grown up my kiddos are getting. Hannah has definitely changed tremendously over the past year in many ways. She is finally getting some height on her and is all legs lately. :) It has been quite the challenge to find pants that fit her length yet still stay up around her little waist. Most importantly however, I am so proud of the little lady she is turning into. Hannah has one of the sweetest souls I have ever met. She is giving, kind, and loving. The world through her eyes is sunshine and rainbows (I hope she always sees things this way). This summer she parted with her beloved long hair by donating 12 inches to the "Locks of Love". She called me and asked permission to do this and before I could even respond, she went on to tell me how important it was to her to be able to help a child with Cancer. She continued on about how kiddos who have Cancer need chemotherapy and she wondered if I knew that this treatment meant they would lose all their hair. "Isn't that so sad mommy?" It honestly brought me to tears to hear the compassion in her voice and how someone at the modest age of ten could be so selfless. Despite really not being sure about becoming a big sister initially, she has embraced this role completely. She is so patient and nurturing to Carter and he is her little shadow. Her other loves include anything to do with penguins, jobies, shopping, or fashion... quite the combination ;) Thank you, my little Hannah Banana, for reminding me each and every day of the simple joys in life. - Love Mom

No comments: