Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Precious Kate





One of my wishes with this blog is to create a lasting living journal for my children. Over the next few weeks, I want to share a little more insight into each of my kiddos. I have chosen to write about Kate today because I really feel she needs it the most at this very moment. When I think of Kate, the first thing that pops into my head is her beautiful smile. It can light up any room! I know, I know, all parents say this of their kids, but Kate's smile is contagious. You can't help but grin yourself. She has an amazing gift for photography. Last Christmas, she received a hot pink HP digital camera. Over the past year, she has experimented and let her creativity shine through. Her self portraits are my favorite:). She has a variety of facial expressions and incredibly photogenic. (I've included one of her landscape photos as well ) This past six months has been filled with an enourmous ammount of responsibility. Being Honored Queen of Bethel 29 of Boise, Idaho, at the young age of 14, has indeed brought on a tremoundous ammount of pressures. She has been quite the trooper and her dad and I couldn't be prouder of her and all of her accomplishments. Being a teenager is tough enough, but toss that on top of it, it can be very overwhelming. There have definetely been some big bumps along her path to finding herself, including a few pot holes, but I am confident she will become the strong, confident, independent, and beautiful person I know that she is. I Love you Kate and the world is that more special with you in it.- Mom

No comments: